JAMA Career Center offers resources for recruiters and employers. Our aim is to nurture a dynamic online community interested in career development. Just select any of the navigation options at left to explore your area of interest. The information below might also be useful!
Health Care Trends Report: An Environmental Analysis
Health Care Trends is an analysis of data from professional, governmental and nongovernmental sources by the American Medical Association Council on Long Range Planning and Development (CLRPD). You will find brief overviews of health care issues, identifies related trends and suggests likely implications for patients, physicians and other health care entities.
Medical Education Research and Opinion From The JAMA Network
JAMA has a long tradition of publishing medical education research and opinion. That tradition now extends across The JAMA Network. This collection of scholarship is intended to contribute to urgent conversations about how to train physicians of the near-future to meet today’s challenges in patient care.
- Enrollment for each of 141 LCME-accredited medical schools
- Trends in enrollment by sex for 1994-1995 through 2014-2015
- Other useful tables on medical school enrollment
- Trends in numbers of programs and residents by specialty
- Distribution of residents on duty by specialty
- Geographic distribution of residents by state/region
- Citizenship status of International Medical Graduates
- Race and Hispanic ethnic origin of residents by specialty
- Citizenship/visa status of residents
- Program size and number of first-year positions by specialty