A listing of service opportunities, both domestic and international, that can provide rewarding experiences to physicians who are interested in contributing their skills.
Each year since 1901, JAMA has published a Medical Education Issue. Original contributions address some of the most important concerns affecting undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education today. Includes an audio commentary of issue highlights. Appendices provide a summary of training program data not readily available elsewhere.
Appendix I: Undergraduate Medical Education
- Enrollment for each of 134 LCME-accredited medical schools
- Trends in enrollment by sex for 1991 – 2012
- Other useful tables on medical school enrollment
- Trends in numbers of programs and residents, specialty vs. subspecialty
- Detailed distribution of residents on duty by specialty and subspecialty
- Geographic distribution of residents by state/region relative to population
- Citizenship status of International Medical Graduates
- Race and Hispanic ethnic origin of residents, overall and by specialty
- Citizenship/visa status of residents
- Total program size and number of first-year positions by specialty
Links to FREIDA Online, the ability to search open residency and fellowship programs, and other useful information from the AMA Division of Graduate Medical Education.
A primer on medical licensure, links to state licensing boards, content from the AMA Bookstore, and community data from external sources including the US Census Bureau.
Valuable planning information from the Physician Reentry into the Workforce Project—of use to individuals contemplating leaving practice, as well as those who have left and intend to reenter.
Obtain AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ by reading an article and completing an online quiz. Track credits and print certificates. Quizzes are available at no additional charge to AMA Members and subscribers. New! You can now purchase CME tokens in 3 increments (1, 5, and 10 packs).
JAMAevidence provides fundamental tools for understanding and applying the medical literature and making clinical diagnoses. Available by subscription or on a pay per view basis.
AMA Manual of Style is the definitive guide for authors and editors engaged in scholarly medical and scientific publication. Ordering information and handy links to this subscription product.