Physician Reentry into the Workforce is a collaborative initiative of many organizations and is supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
The project has compiled an inventory designed to assist physicians with the often overwhelming task of leaving and later reentering clinical practice. The inventory, available free of charge, takes the unique approach of addressing four timeframes and providing practical checklists that address these key questions:
- What should I know before I leave?
- What should I do before I leave?
- What should I do while I am out of the workforce?
- What should I do now that I have reentered?
Maintenance of PracticeTM This initiative encourages physicians who may contemplate leaving the workforce for any length of time to employ strategies that will enable them to maintain practice skills and to engage in the habit of lifelong learning. Begin now to plan ahead.
The site contains a wealth of resource material, with new information being added regularly. You are encouraged to explore:
- Issue briefs on a range of topics
- Journal articles and news stories
- Reentry program profiles and links
- A helpful reading list for physicians